Monday, October 28, 2013

How to make smooth circles in Photoshop without jagged edges

I tried numerous times to make a smooth circle, but I kept ending up with jagged edges in Photoshop. I knew I had been missing something and that's what kept spoiling my design. I then realized - hey, unlike Illustrator, Photoshop isn't a Vector tool. It is a Raster tool. But there must be something I could do to get a perfect smooth circle. And this did the trick:

For circular shapes:

  • Select the Ellipse Tool
  • On the top panel, change the mode from Shape to Pixels. 
  • Tick the Anti-alias checkbox.
  • Now draw your shape!

For circular selections:

  • Select the Elliptical Marquee Tool
  • Tick the Anti-alias checkbox.
  • Now go ahead and make that selection!
While making selection from a path:
  • Make sure that the 'Anti-Aliased' checkbox is ticked.
For a better understanding of the Anti-Alias feature, see the comparison image below (Click to enlarge):


1 comment:

  1. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post.
    wordpress web design

    ReplyDelete